Friday, November 22, 2019

Going Viral

Something that I never thought would happen to me, is going viral. And you don't even know it's me. No-one does because the person, or creature (alien?) in the video, is Stitch. Back in April I was working in Tomorrowland with Stitch and it was an ordinary day. I wasn't hitting my numbers, my attendant was lying about it, and I was having way too much fun burping in people's faces and trying to steal their left shoes.


A Good Doggo
The guest came up and I did a normal interaction. I probably wiped boogers on her, I don't remember. It was nearing the end of the set and I just wanted to come off. We start to take the photo, like normal, and the girls boyfriend goes "Look" so I do. And she's got her leg above her head. Now, I'm thinking "I want to do that. But can I? How high can I lift my leg with these feet on, but also, how high can I lift my head before It's no longer in character for Stitch."

It's such a shock to see Stitch on pages like 9gag or LadBible and know that it's me. Some of the comments directed at Ava, the girl in the video, are deplorable. I think she was a minor when this was filmed, but even if she were an adult, they would not be okay. But the comments about Stitch have me giggling. I'm so glad I brought joy to so many people and I'm so glad people thought it was funny. A lot of comments wonder if Stitch didn't like her showing off, or thought she was annoying. Both of those theories are false. I loved it. Performers are used to dancers or cheerleaders posing like this, but I loved it every time. Every time someone did this I would try to copy. I once did a cartwheel as Mickey Mouse and everyone cheered, it was great.


I'm so grateful to have had the opportunity to go viral. I got terminated and that was really hard but knowing millions of people have seen me be an idiot makes it just a bit better. It sucks that no-one but close friends knows that this is me and if I were still with the company, I wouldn't make it public that this was me. I feel like I want credit for it because performers never get credit for the work they do. They may get a four keys card or a cast compliment on twitter but that hardly ever happens. I don't think anyone will believe me when I say this is me, I know it's me and that's all that matters. I can take this feeling with me and I can tell my friends and my family that I went viral and they can be proud of me. I don't care if anyone believes me, I just wanted to tell someone.


No comments:

Post a Comment